Vulnerability management software helps organisations and individuals identify, manage, and remediate vulnerabilities in their networks and systems. The software can be used by IT administrators, security professionals, system administrators, and the general public for personal use or business use. OpeReady is a compliance program designed specifically for the security and emergency response industries.
Vulnerabilities are inevitable and can be exploited by malicious actors for their benefit. Vulnerability management provides the best protection against these threats with its tools and processes.
Vulnerability management – types and characteristics of vulnerabilities
Vulnerabilities can be classified into two types – software vulnerabilities and hardware vulnerabilities. Software vulnerabilities are caused by flaws in the computer programs, while deficiencies in the hardware cause hardware vulnerabilities.
Software vulnerabilities can be exploited via bugs, while hardware vulnerabilities can be controlled via physical access to the machine.
The most common software vulnerabilities are:
Inadequate Access Control
Restrictions on users must be strictly enforced. If they’re not set up correctly, it might create a vulnerability to the organization. Untrustworthy agents can take advantage of this flaw.
Failures in Cryptography
Addresses, passwords, and account numbers, for example, must be carefully safeguarded. If they aren’t, untrustworthy agents can get access by exploiting the flaws.
Malicious Software Injection
When untrusted data is supplied as part of a command or query, injection issues occur. The targeted machine can then be duped into executing undesired commands due to the attack. Untrustworthy agents may gain access to protected data due to this cyber attack.
Faulty security planning
This refers to the dangers that come with faulty security planning, which frequently entails the absence of at least one of the following:
- Modelling of threats
- Misconfiguration of security
Misconfigurations in security are frequently the consequence of:
Insecure default setups.
Configurations that are incomplete or spontaneous.
Cloud storage that is free to use.
HTTP headers that have been misconfigured.
Error notices that are long and include critical information.
- Components that are vulnerable and out of date
Libraries, frameworks, and other software modules make up components. The components are frequently run with the same rights as your application. If an element is weak, an untrustworthy agent can take advantage of it. This results in significant data loss or a server takeover.
Vulnerability management provided by OpeReady
Vulnerability management identifies, assesses, and remediates vulnerabilities in your network, systems, applications, and data. OpeReady is an excellent compliance software that simplifies the process of managing employee performance, checkpoint efficiency and on-the-job pieces of training. Our platform is designed to streamline and improve the workflow that you can fully customise.
These are some features if you choose to go with OpeReady:
- Schedule and manage pieces of training – Ensure overall compliance and preparedness by meeting all training and quality assurance criteria.
- Keep track of compliance statuses – Be your boss when determining the compliance requirements that apply to your company. Keep an eye on them and receive automated alerts if anything goes wrong.
- Organise OJT (On-the-Job Training) and other tasks – Schedule and manage all needed training for each job function, keep track of each employee’s certification status, keep track of administrative task records, and get immediate notifications when something goes wrong.
- Organise the professional lifecycle of your employees – The ability to manage the complete professional lifespan of your personnel is made easier with ample data storage for information acquired from various sources.
- Keep up to date on certification statuses and other information – Monitor certification status, administrative activities, and exceptions via automatic notifications.
The importance of vulnerability management cannot be overstated. It can help you protect your company’s assets and business interests by reducing the risk of exposure to cyber-attacks. Choose Opeready to be prepared for all the vulnerabilities your company may encounter.